Hadron Therapy Center Construction Begins at Kutaisi University
IDOM is set to develop the Proton Therapy Center at the Kutaisi International University, Georgia. On July 5, 2022, several dignitaries attended the ceremony to mark the beginning of the construction. This includes:
- Irakli Garibashvili, the Prime Minister of Georgia
- Mikheil Chkhenkeli, the Minister of Education and Science
- Nikoloz Chkhetiani, the Director General of the Cartu Charitable Foundation
- Aleksandre Tevzadze, the Rector of the International University of Kutaisi
- Pablo Elorz, Project Manager Architect at IDOM
- Dmitry Avdeev, the Regional Director of IDOM for Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia
In addition to the Proton Therapy Center, the project will develop a scientific research center to conduct nuclear medicine and physics research. There will be two bunkers - the Proteus One IBA to treat patients and the S2C2 IBA to conduct research.
Read more about: Teachers Undergo Intense COVID-19 Tests for a Safe Learning Environment
Hadron Therapy Center Construction Begins at Kutaisi International University
The clinical section contains:
- Four consultation rooms
- A treatment planning area
- A patient preparation area
- The Proton Therapy control room
- Dosimetry room
- Offices and work area
IDOM’s experience in Proton Therapy projects makes them the perfect choice to supervise the construction. Moreover, IDOM has provided detailed integrated designs for the project, including structural design, interior design, telecommunications design, etc.
If the construction goes according to schedule, the Proton Therapy and Research Center should be able to admit patients in 2024.
Read more about: Tamar Makharashvili Opens National Center for Quality Development in Education 2022 Conference