Study Visa Guide for Indian Students – All You Need to Know
Studying and settling abroad is a dream for many and a reality for only a few of them. Having said that, qualifying for a study visa is no cakewalk. You have to go through a lot of stringencies and abide by the ground rules of applying for a visa in the way it is supposed to be done. Now that you too, are in the same boat, aspiring to make it big in your dream study destination, take some time to read this blog for nitty-gritty insights into applying for a study visa guide for Indian students.
Here's everything you need to know.
Get Introduced to the Basics of Student Visa Requirements
First things first, you should get the hang of the basics of student visa requirements before proceeding further. Take a look below for the right insights.
- Enroll yourself at an abroad university and receive a formal letter of acceptance from your institution and pay the enrollment fees.
- Make sure to fill out the online visa application form and complete all the requested data across the document in order to avoid the chances of rejection down the road.
- Now, attach and upload a passport-sized photograph of yours to the online application form.
- Once done, you will be asked to make an online payment to the authorities – abide by the same.
- Take note, the cost of a visa application will depend on your nationality. You have to pay for the application on time.
- Some offices may ask you to pay the application fee before you attend the Visa appointment while others may ask you to make payment on the same day.
- Now, take enough time to revise the application from scratch as you will not be allowed to make changes to the form or edit the same post submission.
- Make sure to get a copy of the online visa application form printed as you will require the document to present before the officials of the Visa Application Center at your nearest branch.
- Voila! It’s done and you are good to go. Simply book an appointment with the closest center near you and wait for the BIG day to arrive.
Simply pay heed to the steps and suggestions mentioned above and never miss out on signing up for an accurate and safe visa application drill down the line.
Read More About - King's University College, Canada, Announces Special Financial Assistance for Indian Students
Keep all the Required Documents Updated and Ready
As mentioned earlier, you will be asked to produce certain documents while attending an appointment with the officials at the Visa Application Center. So, you should know about the same beforehand.
Here you go.
- Passport with at least 2 blank pages – an expiry date beyond one eighty days.
- You will need two passport-sized photographs and a photocopy of your passport.
- Take note, you will need to fill out the form and submit a couple of passport photos that you took recently.
- Also, submit your enrollment records and admission letter in order to show and prove that you have been accepted by a study program or institute in your dream study destination.
- Most importantly, you need to prove that you can support yourself financially during the course of study.
- In case, your family supports you financially, then you must provide the required and updated financial statements from the members of your family.
- If you have a scholarship, then you must attach proof of your financial aid and that you are already a financial aid recipient.
- Make sure to submit your birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable), and of course your CV.
- Also, take note, you might be required to buy International Student Health Insurance depending on the country you wish to study in.
- If you have attended a university previously then you must submit university documents and a statement of records for the abroad study student visa application.
Well, this is yet another important point to be noted when it comes to getting the hang of student visa applications for abroad education. You may end up being misguided or scammed if you are not aware of how long a student visa usually lasts.
Here’s all you need to know in this context.
- Take note, a student visa lasts for the entire period of your educational program.
- For example, if you will be pursuing the study program for a period of two years, your visa will be issued for two years.
- Generally, most visas are issued anywhere between 2 to 4 years of time.
So, keep referring to more such suggestions on the go and never miss out on pursuing your abroad study dream without any misguidance or shady affairs.
Study Visa Denial – Some Common Reasons
It is heartbreaking to realize that your visa application has been denied or rejected. What’s more concerning is the fact that many students fail to understand the reason behind such denials and rejections.
Take note of the following points and know about some of the common reasons behind study visa denial.
- You haven’t submitted the complete visa application form.
- You have criminal records.
- You were unsuccessful in producing valid financial support proof.
- You aren’t enrolled in an academic institution.
- You do not have a valid passport for the student visa.
How to Re-apply for a Student Visa?
Do not end up being shattered or lose hope if you ever face a student visa rejection. You can always re-apply provided you know well about the process of reapplication.
Take a look below to get introduced to the bigger picture.
- Identify the reasons behind your student visa denial or rejection before you decide to re-apply for the same.
- Sit with your peers or consult a study abroad visa agency in order to figure out the right ways to re-apply for the application without any legal obligation.
- Make sure to acknowledge the past mistakes you made during the visa application and make it a point not to repeat the same this time.
Read More About - How to Raise Your CRS Score? – A Complete Guide
All said and done, let me feel safe to assume that you are now well aware of what it takes to embrace an easy way to go abroad from India. Keep referring to this blog on the go and pave your path towards achieving academic excellence as a promising student. In case, you would still find things overly complicated or way too convoluted to go about all your own self, you may lean on the potential of Abroadvice.
Here’s what you have got in store for you.
- Completely Ethical and Transparent Guidance
- Certified Counselors
- 98% Visa Success Rate
- End-to-End Solution
- 24/7 Support
- Loan Assistance
So, without much ado, connect with us at any time of the day and allow us to help you live the dream you’ve always manifested.
In addition to a study visa, we offer a range of additional services to help you succeed. We provide Duolingo coaching online, TOEFL exam preparation in Noida, and PTE exam preparation to help you improve your language skills and achieve your desired test scores.
- Kritika Sharma
- May 17,2023